Features and Benefits
ARRIS Converged Video Exchange (CVEx™) is an intelligent software control plane that addresses the need for video convergence by providing a unified control plane that cuts across multiple applications as well as RF & IP spectrum and provides a single context for the delivery of all video services.
Rapid service introduction and monetization
CVEx logically sits in the heart of the video network and controls the creation and delivery of all video sessions and services. CVEx may provide resources to internal (embedded) or external session managers. All video service requests come into CVEx either directly or indirectly, making CVEx the intelligent control center for video service fulfillment.
CVEx allocates the necessary network resources – QAM carriers, encryption resources, personalized splicing resources, etc. and communicates with the edge resources for the creation of the video session. CVEx also provides a unified interface to an advanced advertising system using an SCTE 130 interface allowing a consolidated advertising back-office and campaigns.
Smooth migration to IPTV
CVEx treats all narrowcast QAM resources as a single pool of edge resources and applies them to both RF & IP video sessions based on the edge device capabilities and the requests of the session manager. As viewership within a service group migrates from RF to IP there is no need to replace, rewire or reconfigure devices. CVEx will automatically create sessions with the appropriate attributes on the edge devices, and share the sessions on edge devices and QAMs based on each edge device capabilities.
- SDV provides over 70% bandwidth savings (3:1 oversubscription) in all deployments, switching over 200 SD and 120 HD in 20 SDV QAMs or less
- SDV deploys in as little as 60 days, transparent to subscribers. Offers best of breed tools for easily and effectively monitoring, managing and optimizing SDV deployments
- CVEx unifies the video control plane and enables video convergence across multiple networks and CPE technologies
- Support for migration to IP based video and delivery to multiscreen, rapid introduction of new video services to all subscriber devices
- Leverages ARRIS proven expertise in video control plane and network optimization