Features and Benefits
The PS5310 is an entry-level dual-tuner satellite HEVC (H.265) PVR for price-sensitive applications or the wider deployment of a PVR solution to the market. The unit combines ARRIS's usual product quality with a reduced specification processor and selected options to provide the lowest cost and lowest barrier to entry to this premium technology.
Optimised Performance - The PS5310 selects its processor, memory, storage and tuner configurations to balance cost throughout whilst still providing great performance. At the same time, options for connectivity remain which means that IP delivery can also be supported with a suitable software solution. The processor is capable of supporting all modern security architectures (CAS and DRM).
High Quality - High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC or H.265) is the next-generation of video codec, offering up to 50% bandwidth savings on the H.264 standard. HEVC can be used by operators to deliver a superior quality-of-experience within the same IP or broadcast bandwidth or to increase their existing capacity by re-encoding existing assets.
High Connectivity - The PS5310 integrates USB 2.0 and fast (10/100) Ethernet for the connection of peripherals and networking.
Optional Modules - The unit supports an optional IEEE 802.11n dual-frequency MIMO Wi-Fi block for wireless networking or can interface via its built-in fast Ethernet to external networking such as PLC. These ARRIS-supplied modules are designed to build into an attractive and complimentary stack of components, allowing operators to extend ARPU in a staged manner of peripherals and networking.
- High-definition low-cost PVR solution with HEVC support
- Dual DVB-S/S2 tuner/demodulator
- High performance 500 GB hard disk drive
- Full range out HD and SD video formats up to 1080p60
- HDMI 1.4™
- Compliant with EU power consumption regulations
- Range of middleware options available including pre-integration
- Range of conditional access options available including pre-integration with Titanium
- Industry-standard DRM support including pre-integration with Microsoft® PlayReady®