COVID-19 Kunden- und Partner-Hub von CommScope Besuchen
We’ve seen a lot of news coverage around drones and airports. I recently caught up with the corporate communications team to discuss what enhanced security means from a communications infrastructure perspective. Here are my responses to their questions.
A: This may not sound like a long time but when each minute equates to approximately 100,000 USD in losses that’s a different story. London Gatwick airport lost approximately 64.5 million USD in December due to 33 hours of drone disruption.
We know our customers around the world are assessing these types of risks by deploying enhanced surveillance around the airports.
Q: How can CommScope contribute to enhanced security?
A: As airports turn to additional cameras, CCTV and surveillance for enhanced security, they must have access to electricity. This is not always an easy task considering devices may be several hundered meters away from a power source. Airports around the world are turning to CommScope’s powered fiber cable systems to speed and simplify installation, and power these types of network devices.
The safety and availability of connected equipment is greatly increased thanks to the management of centralized direct current (DC) which can be connected to higher capacity backup devices that will maintain circuit operation for a period of time in the event of a power failure.
Q: It’s great to hear that CommScope is helping customers with performance of PoE devices, especially without having to worry about power lines.
A: Indeed the economic and operational benefits are practical and immediate. Here are a few benefits of the Powered Fiber Cable System:
- Reduces the need for landlord and utility negotiations
- Eliminates local power sources
- Greatly speeds up planning by eliminating DC electrical calculations for voltage/power drop over varying distances
- Handles up to 64 devices simultaneously from one power supply
- Contains carrier grade electrical protection
- Is NEC Class II and SELV compliant
- Allows for placing devices exactly where they are needed to maximize coverage